Subject: Improper Language Usage It has been brought to our attention
by several officials visiting our office in Romania that offensive
language is commonly used by our Romanian speaking staff. Such
behavior, in addition to violating our policy, is highly
unprofessional and offensive to both visitors and staff.
All personnel will immediately adhere to the following rules:
1. Words like futui, în pula mea, pula and other such expressions will
not be tolerated or used for emphasis or dramatic effect, no matter
how heated a discussion may become.
2. You will not say si-a bagat pula when someone makes a mistake, or
s-a cacat pe el if you see someone being reprehended, or baga-mi-as,
when a major mistake has been made. All forms and derivations of the
verb a se caca and a se fute are utterly inappropriate and
unacceptable in our environment.
3. No project manager, section head or administrator under any
circumstances will be referred to as pula de om, cacanaru' or boul.
4. Lack of determination will not be referred to as pulalau nor will
persons who lack initiative be referred to as muiangiu.
5. Unusual or creative ideas offered by management are not to be
referred to as porcarii.
6. Do not say futu-ti mama ta if somebody is persistent; do not add
pula mea, if a colleague is going through a difficult situation.
Furthermore, you must not say am pus-o (refer to item 2) nor o sa ne-o
traga when a matter becomes excessively complicated.
7. When asking someone to leave you alone, you must not say du-te-n
pula mea or should you ever substitute "May I help you?" with, ce pula
8. Under no circumstances should you ever call your elderly industrial
partners bosorogi împutiti.
9. Do not say ia mai mereti-n pula cu cacatu' asta when a relevant
project is presented to you, nor should you ever answer futu-te-n cur
when your assistance is required.
10. You should never call partner representatives as boul dracului or
11. The sexual behavior of our staff is not to be discussed in terms
such as pizdulica buna, futaciosu' or homalau' lu' peste.
12. Last but not least, after reading this note, please do not say ma
sterg la cur cu textul asta. Just keep it clean and dispose of it